Indian Transparency Competition, 2017
The time for cleaning up the economic environment and improved delivery of public service has come. There is a wave already, and government machinery is actively at work. However, there are areas which are hidden from view. There is an opportunity for us, to join the wave and do our bit in identifying the hidden areas, discovering crucial bits of missing information, and plugging the gaps.
iPleaders, working on access to justice, and OnlineRTI, committed to transparency and accountability through use of RTI are announcing this competition with the objective of bringing in the next level of transparency in the system.
- Last Date for sending RTI entries: 28th Feb, 2017
(Every participant can send more than one RTI entry)
- Last Date for sending RTI responses: 15th April 2017
- Last Date for submitting article: 10th May 2017
- Result Announcement: 15th May 2017
There is NO entry fee.
- Identify important areas where information is needed and bring transparency in administration. If you do this consistently, you can start developing expertise in an area of law (and provide niche consultancy around it)
- Get hands-on experience in drafting the RTI. Use OnlineRTI's platform to send it at discounted rates or
- Use the information in your research
- Use it with interviewers to demonstrate that you can identify issues and extract information about how the system works
- Identify areas where you need to pursue litigation or PILs to ensure smoother functioning of the administration or justice delivery
Participants have to file an RTI with one public department. Make sure your RTI provides information which is relevant for a section of the people. It should be able to provide some future points of action for people affected by the issue or for professionals supporting people in moving forward.
You can send more than one entry for the competition. For this, every participant is allowed to file more than one RTI. You can file your RTI throughOnlineRTI.com.
OnlineRTI will take care of paying RTI fees, using correct form and posting the application. You need to ensure that RTI is drafted properly and addressed to correct government office. You can go through the resources to understand about correct way of drafting your RTI application.
You will get access to a FREE RTI course by iPleaders to train you on basic aspects of RTI filing and drafting. At the end of the course, you will have to take a quiz. On completing it, you will receive Completion Certificate for the RTI Course byiPleaders.
Equal weightage will be given to the following -
- Quality of RTI and RTI response - scale of 1-10
- Relevance of matter - scale of 1-10
- Quality of Article - scale of 1-10
Mili Mishra - firstname.lastname@example.org