How to file RTI to Departments in Chhattisgarh?
The Right to Information Act, 2005 is applicable to all States of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir. However, each State differs in terms of implementation of the Act and each state has different guidelines when it comes to filing RTI application. Chhattisgarh State Information Commission was constituted as per the provisions under Right to Information Act, 2005 vide notification no. F-7-16/2005/1/6 of the General Administration Department, Government of Chhattisgarh. Chhattisgarh RTI Rules have been made by the Governor in accordance to the provisions of sub section(1) read with sub- section (2) of Section 27 of the Right to Information Act, 2005. To enlighten yourself with the rules implemented by Chhattisgarh, you can readChhattisgarh Right to Information Rules’ 2007.
If you wish to exercise your Right to Information, follow the steps mentioned below in order to successfully file RTI Application in the State of Chhattisgarh.
- Identify the Department to which you wish to file the RTI Application:
- Agriculture and Cooperation
- Animal Husbandry and Fisheries
- Consumer Affairs, Food Civil Supplies
- Backward Classes Welfare
- Department for Women, Children, Disabled and Senior Citizens
- Environment, Forests, Science and Technology
- General Administration
- Health, Medical & Family Welfare
- Higher Education
- Industries and Commerce
- Information Technology, Electronics and Communications
- Transport, Roads and Buildings
- School Education, etc.
- Write your queries in the Application:
- Whom should the RTI Application be addressed to?
- When will the response be provided to your RTI Application?
- Pay the Prescribed fee as per Chhattisgarh RTI Rules:
- Submit the Application:
The first step to file an RTI Application is to identify the Department / Public Authority. Section 2 (h) of the RTI Act lays down the definition of Public Authorities that come under the ambit of the Act. For eg, all civic issues like water problem, garbage, street lights, building permission in cities are under respective Corporation. In case the matters pertain to Bilaspur Municipal Corporation which is a Public Authority, you should address the same to the Corporation.
Departments under Chhattisgarh Government
All Chhattisgarh State Government Departments and local governing bodies in Chhattisgarh like Municipal Corporations (Bilaspur Municipal Corporation, Korba Municipal Corporation, Ambikapur Municipal Corporation, Raipur Municipal Corporation etc.) Chhattisgarh State Power Generation Company Limited, Chhattisgarh Madhyamik Shiksha Mandal, Government Polytechnic College, Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission, School Education Department, Chhattisgarh, Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board, Raipur Development Authority,Bhilai Steel Plant, NTPC,Chhattisgarh Housing Board, Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corporation Ltd., Chhattisgarh State Industrial Development Corporation, Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, Hidayatullah National Law University, Pt. Sundarlal Sharma (Open) University,etc.
List of Chhattisgarh State Government Departments are as follows:
You should address your queries in the Application in simple language, you can write the application in English Language. It is important to note that “Wh” questions are not entertained in RTI. For eg, you wish to know the Status of your Water Connection Application from Bilaspur Municipal Corporation, you can frame the question as “Please provide information pertaining to the Status of the Water Connection” or “Please provide Reasons as per Record for Delay in issuing the Connection” instead of asking “Why is the Water connection not issued”. Also you cannot ask Situation Based questions / clarifications involving “If” in the application.
Under the RTI Act, 2005 every department should appoint a Public Information Officer (PIO) who is responsible to receive and reply to RTI applications filed to that department. Hence, all the RTI applications should be addressed to the Public Information Officer of that Department.
According to the RTI Act, the response to the RTI application in Chhattisgarh, or any other state should be provided by the PIO within 30 days from the receipt of the same. This includes applications made online or offline. If the information requested in the RTI relates to another department, then the PIO is mandated to transfer the same within 5 days from the receipt of the RTI to that department who has the information. A First Appeal can be filed to the First Appellate Authority (FAA) if there is no response from the government office after completion of 30 days or if the Applicant is not satisfied with the response of RTI Application.
In case you are not satisfied with the outcome of the First Appeal, or there has been no order passed by FAA, A Second Appeal can be filed to Chhattisgarh Information Commission.
You have to make a Payment of Court Fee of Rs. 10/- to obtain information from the SPIO/SAPIO, under Section 6 (1) of the Act. Attach the fee in the form of Court Fee Stamp along with the Application. You can also make a payment in the mode of Cash against receipt/ treasury challan, Money order and Non judicial stamp.
Once the application is drafted as per the Steps mentioned above, you should send your application via speed post or registered post to the concerned Department.
To file an RTI Application on OnlineRTI, follow the steps below:
page and write your question in simple English.
- Proceed with the Payment to complete your application.
- Our Team of RTI experts and lawyers will draft your application and we will send it to you for your approval. After your approval, we will post and send your application to the concerned Public Authority / Department.
To know more about the procedure to file RTI on OnlineRTI, please visitOnlineRTI.com
How to file RTI to get Answer Sheet ?
How to file RTI to get Marksheets Verified ?
1. How to file RTI for Andhra Pradesh ?
2. How to file RTI for Bihar ?
3. How to file RTI for Central Govt ?
4. How to file RTI for Delhi ?
5. How to file RTI for Goa ?
6. How to file RTI for Haryana ?
7. How to file RTI for Karnataka ?
8. How to file RTI for Madhya Pradesh ?
9. How to file RTI for Maharashtra ?
10. How to file RTI for Odisha ?
11. How to file RTI for Punjab ?
12. How to file RTI for Rajasthan ?
13. How to file RTI for TamilNadu ?
14. How to file RTI for Uttar Pradesh ?
15. How to file RTI for West Bengal ?
16. How to file RTI for Meghalaya?
17. How to file RTI for Assam ?
18. How to file RTI for Kerala ?
19. How to file RTI for Telangana ?
20. How to file RTI for Uttarakhand ?
21. How to file RTI for Sikkim ?
22. How to file RTI for Jharkhand ?
23. How to file RTI for Chhattisgarh ?