How to file RTI to Departments in Telangana?
The Government of Telangana, vide orders issued in G.O.Ms.No. 218, GA (GPM&AR) dept., dated 13-09-2017 have constituted Telangana State Information Commission under Right to Information Act, 2005 (Central Act 22 of 2005) to exercise the powers conferred on and to perform functions assigned to it under the RTI Act. To enlighten yourself with the rules and regulations, you may readInformation Handbook of Telangana State Information Commission.
If you wish to exercise your right to information, follow the steps mentioned below in order to successfully file an RTI application in Telangana.
- Identify the Department to which you wish to file the RTI Application:
- Agriculture and Cooperation
- Animal Husbandry and Fisheries
- Backward Classes Welfare
- Consumer Affairs Food & Civil Supplies
- Environment, Forests, Science and Technology
- General Administration
- Health, Medical & Family Welfare
- Higher Education
- Industries and Commerce
- Information and Public Relations
- Information Technology, Electronics and Communications
- Infrastructure and Investment
- Irrigation and CAD
- Labour, Employment Training and Factories
- Minorities Welfare
- Municipal Administration & Urban Development
- Panchayat Raj and Rural Development
- Public Enterprises
- Roads and Buildings
- School Education
- Social Welfare
- Women, Children, Disabled and Senior Citizens
- Youth Advancement, Tourism and Culture
- Write your queries in the Application:
- Whom should the RTI Application be addressed to?
- When will the response be provided to your RTI Application?
- Pay the Prescribed fee as per Telangana RTI Rules:
- Submit the Application:
The first step to file an RTI Application is to identify the Department / Public Authority. Section 2 (h) of the RTI Act lays down the definition of Public Authorities that come under the ambit of the Act. For eg, all civic issues like water problem, garbage, street lights, building permission in cities are under respective Corporation. In case the matters pertain to Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation which is a Public Authority, you should address the same to the Corporation. Likewise, if the matter pertains to the Department of General and Higher Education,Telangana, you should address the same to the concerned State Public Information Officer (SPIO)/ Assistant State Public Information Officer (ASPIO) of the Department. Following are the list of Government Departments to which RTI is applicable.
Departments under Telangana Government
All Telangana State Government Departments and local governing bodies in Telangana like Municipal Corporations (Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation, Greater Warangal Municipal Corporation) Telangana State Waqf Board, Telangana State Level Police Recruitment Board, Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education, Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Telangana State Public Service Commission, Telangana Road Transport Authority, Kakatiya University, Telangana State Civil Supplies Corporation Limited,Telangana State Industrial Infrastructure Corporation Limited, Southern Power Distribution Company of Telangana Ltd., Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority, Hyderabad Urban Development Authority, Telangana State Housing Corporation Limited, Telangana Pollution Control Board etc.
List of Telangana State Government Departments are as follows:
You should address your queries in the Application in simple language, you can write the application in English or Telugu Language. It is important to note that “Wh” questions are not entertained in RTI. For eg, you wish to know the Status of your Water Connection Application from Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation, you can frame the question as “Please provide information pertaining to the Status of the Water Connection” or “Please provide Reasons as per Record for Delay in issuing the Connection” instead of asking “Why is the Water connection not issued”. Also you cannot ask Situation Based questions / clarifications involving “If” in the application.
Under the RTI Act, 2005 every department should appoint a Public Information Officer (PIO) who is responsible to receive and reply to RTI applications filed to that department. Hence, all the RTI applications should be addressed to the Public Information Officer of that Department.
According to the RTI Act, the response to the RTI application in Telangana, or any other state should be provided by the PIO within 30 days from the receipt of the same. This includes applications made online or offline. If the information requested in the RTI relates to another department, then the PIO is mandated to transfer the same within 5 days from the receipt of the RTI to that department who has the information. A First Appeal can be filed to the First Appellate Authority (FAA) if there is no response from the government office after completion of 30 days or if the Applicant is not satisfied with the response of RTI Application.
In case you are not satisfied with the outcome of the First Appeal, or there has been no order passed by FAA, A Second Appeal can be filed to Telangana Information Commission.
Govt. of Telangana have prescribed in G.O.Ms.No.454 GA(I&PR-II) dated 13-10-2005 read with G.O.Ms.No.530 GA (I&PR.II) dept., dated 29-11-2005, G.O.Ms.No.545 GA (I&PR.II) dept., dated 12-12-2005 and G.O.Ms.No.740 GA (Coordn., GPM&AR) dept., dated 01-10-2007. The application fee is Rs.10/- Court Fee/Demand Draft/Banker's Cheque/Pay Order to the State Public Information Officer/State Assistant Public Information Officer.
Once the application is drafted as per the Steps mentioned above, you should send your application via speed post or registered post to the concerned Department.
To file an RTI Application on OnlineRTI, follow the steps below:
page and write your question in simple English.
- Proceed with the Payment to complete your application.
- Our Team of RTI experts and lawyers will draft your application and we will send it to you for your approval. After your approval, we will post and send your application to the concerned Public Authority / Department.
To know more about the procedure to file RTI on OnlineRTI, please visitOnlineRTI.com
How to file RTI to get Answer Sheet ?
How to file RTI to get Marksheets Verified ?
1. How to file RTI for Andhra Pradesh ?
2. How to file RTI for Bihar ?
3. How to file RTI for Central Govt ?
4. How to file RTI for Delhi ?
5. How to file RTI for Goa ?
6. How to file RTI for Haryana ?
7. How to file RTI for Karnataka ?
8. How to file RTI for Madhya Pradesh ?
9. How to file RTI for Maharashtra ?
10. How to file RTI for Odisha ?
11. How to file RTI for Punjab ?
12. How to file RTI for Rajasthan ?
13. How to file RTI for TamilNadu ?
14. How to file RTI for Uttar Pradesh ?
15. How to file RTI for West Bengal ?
16. How to file RTI for Meghalaya?
17. How to file RTI for Assam ?
18. How to file RTI for Kerala ?
19. How to file RTI for Telangana ?
20. How to file RTI for Uttarakhand ?
21. How to file RTI for Sikkim ?
22. How to file RTI for Jharkhand ?
23. How to file RTI for Chhattisgarh ?