How to File RTI Maharashtra?
The Right to Information Act, 2005 is applicable in all the states of India except for the states of Jammu and Kashmir. However, each state differs in terms of implementation of the Act and each state has different guidelines when it comes to filing an RTI application. If you wish to exercise your right to information and are a resident of Maharashtra, follow steps mentioned below in order to successfully file an RTI application in Maharashtra.
RTI Maharashtra - Offline Method to File Application
There are two ways to file an RTI in Maharashtra, follow the steps below, in order to file an RTI application in offline mode.
- Identify the department to which your RTI Maharashtra query should be sent:
- Agriculture Development & Farmers' Welfare
- Backward Communities Development Department
- Consumer Affairs
- Culture Affairs
- Food and Civil Supplies
- General Administration
- Forest and WildLife
- General Education
- Health & Family Welfare
- Higher Education
- Information and Public Relations
- Industries and Commerce
- Electronics & Information Technology
- Labour & Skills
- Local Self-Government
- Parliamentary Affairs
- Planning and Economic Affairs
- Personnel & Administrative Reforms
- Public Works
- Scheduled Tribe Development
- Scheduled Castes Development
- Science, Technology and Environment
- Social Justice
- Directorate of Sports and Youth Affairs
- Stores Purchase
- Water Resources
- Write your questions in the Application:
- Pay the fees for your RTI Maharashtra Application:
- Submit the application:
The first step involves identifying the department to which the RTI Application must be sent. This is a very important step since mentioning the wrong department could lead to rejection of your RTI Application. Thus, carefully identify which department you wish to extract the information from.
For eg, all civic issues like water problem, garbage, street lights, building permission in cities are under respective corporation. For instance, for a city like Pune or Nagpur it is the municipal corporation of the city - Pune Mahanagarpalika / Nagpur Municipal Corporation, respectively.
Departments under Maharashtra Government
All Maharashtra State Government Departments and local governing bodies in Maharashtra like Municipal Corporations( Brihan Mumbai MahanagarPalika, Pune Municipal Corporation, Thane Municipal Corporation etc) Maharashtra Medical Council, Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation Ltd., Maharashtra School Education & Sport Department, Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority, MAHARASHTRA STATE BOARD OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION, Mumbai University, Maharashtra Pollution Control Board, Maharashtra Public Service Commission, Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation, Slum Rehabilitation Authority, M.M.R.D.A., Mumbai District Legal Services Authority, Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited, Mahavitaran or Mahadiscom or MSEDCL etc.
List of Maharashtra State Government Departments are as follows:
Once you know the department, begin with writing the RTI Application. Make sure to ask direct and to-the-point questions so that the application is easier to understand. Asking the wrong questions too, could lead to rejection.
Also, make sure you follow the proper format of the application as prescribed by the Government of Maharashtra.
You can write the application in Marathi or English language and will get the reply in Marathi or English. There is a separate format for RTI Form in Marathi.
Also remember, the total number of words in your RTI Application from Maharashtra must not be more than 150.
As per the Maharashtra Government, the application fee for RTI Maharashtra is Rs. 10/-. Attach the fee in the form of Court Fee Stamp.
Once the above mentioned steps are taken care of, you need to simply send your application via speed post or registered post.
RTI Maharashtra - Online Method to File Application
Maharashtra government does have an option for filing the RTI online and you can do it fromhere.
However, there are a few issues with it, mainly being it doesn't support all the departments. For instance you cannot file an Online RTI requests related to any Municipal bodies. Plus, there are issues with whom to address and how to write your queries, such that they are not rejected is always a concern among users trying to file RTI request in Maharashtra.
The alternate method to submit RTI Maharashtra application online is with us. Simplyclick here
, to apply online.
You fill up a simple form in very simple English. We will then call you back and understand the RTI request in detail and take care of the rest of the formalities.
Hope this article helped in telling you about how to file RTI Maharashtra application. Feel free toaccess our forum
to discuss any further issues and doubts you might have. We will be more than happy to help you.
How to file RTI to get Answer Sheet ?
How to file RTI to get Marksheets Verified ?
1. How to file RTI for Andhra Pradesh ?
2. How to file RTI for Bihar ?
3. How to file RTI for Central Govt ?
4. How to file RTI for Delhi ?
5. How to file RTI for Goa ?
6. How to file RTI for Haryana ?
7. How to file RTI for Karnataka ?
8. How to file RTI for Madhya Pradesh ?
9. How to file RTI for Maharashtra ?
10. How to file RTI for Odisha ?
11. How to file RTI for Punjab ?
12. How to file RTI for Rajasthan ?
13. How to file RTI for TamilNadu ?
14. How to file RTI for Uttar Pradesh ?
15. How to file RTI for West Bengal ?
16. How to file RTI for Meghalaya?
17. How to file RTI for Assam ?
18. How to file RTI for Kerala ?
19. How to file RTI for Telangana ?
20. How to file RTI for Uttarakhand ?
21. How to file RTI for Sikkim ?
22. How to file RTI for Jharkhand ?
23. How to file RTI for Chhattisgarh ?