How to file RTI to Departments in Uttarakhand?
The Right to Information Act, 2005 is applicable in all the states of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir. However, each state differs in terms of implementation of the Act and each state has different guidelines when it comes to filing an RTI application. In exercise of the powers conferred by section 27 of the Right to Information Act’2005, the Government of Uttarakhand hereby make the following rules underUttarakhand Right to Information Rules’2013.
If you wish to exercise your right to information, follow the steps mentioned below in order to successfully file an RTI application in Uttarakhand.
- Identify the Department to which you wish to file the RTI Application:
- 20 Point Programme & Implementation (Department of Planning)Agriculture
- Accounts & Entitlement
- BudgetChief Development Officer
- Commercial Tax
- Dairy development
- Disaster Mitigation and Management Centre
- Entertainment tax/ trade tax
- Firms, Societies and Chit funds
- Food and Civil Supplies
- Geology and geomining unit
- Higher Education
- Medical Education
- Medical, Health and Family Welfare
- Minor Irrigation Department
- Panchayati Raj
- Public Works
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan
- Rural development
- Rural Engineering Service
- Sanskrit Education
- Sarva Siksha Abhiyan
- school education
- Social welfare
- Stamps & Registration
- State Horticulture Mission
- State Planning Department, Govt. of Uttarakhand
- Town and Country Planning
- Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan
- Uttarakhand Rural Roads Development Agency
- Women Empowerment and Child Development
- Write your queries in the Application:
- Whom should the RTI Application be addressed to?
- When will the response be provided to your RTI Application?
- Pay the Prescribed fee as per Uttarakhand RTI Rules:
- Submit the Application:
page and write your question in simple English.
- Proceed with the Payment to complete your application.
- Our Team of RTI experts and lawyers will draft your application and we will send it to you for your approval. After your approval, we will post and send your application to the concerned Public Authority / Department.
The first step to file an RTI Application is to identify the Department / Public Authority. Section 2 (h) of the RTI Act lays down the definition of Public Authorities that come under the ambit of the Act. For eg, all civic issues like water problem, garbage, street lights, building permission in cities are under respective Corporation. In case the matters pertain to Dehradun Municipal Corporation which is a Public Authority, you should address the same to the Corporation. Likewise, if the matter pertains to the Department of General and Higher Education, Uttarakhand, you should address the same to the concerned State Public Information Officer (SPIO)/ Assistant State Public Information Officer (ASPIO) of the Department. Following are the list of Government Departments to which RTI is applicable.
Departments under Uttarakhand Government
All Uttarakhand State Government Departments and local governing bodies in Uttarakhand like Municipal Corporations (Dehradun Municipal Corporation, Roorkee Municipal Corporation, Haridwar Municipal Corporation etc.) Uttarakhand Public Service Commission, Directorate of Food and Civil Supply, Uttarakhand Board Of School Education Uttarakhand, Uttarakhand Subordinate Service Selection Commission, Uttarakhand Power Corporation Ltd., Uttarakhand Technical University, Uttarakhand Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd., Uttarakhand Dentists Registration Tribunals, Uttarakhand Metro Rail, Urban Infrastructure & Buildings Construction Corporation Limited, Govind Vallabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Uttarakhand Housing & Urban Development Authority, Mussoorie Dehradun Development Authority, Haridwar - Roorkee Development Authority, Uttarakhand Environment Protection and Pollution Control Board etc.
List of Uttarakhand State Government Departments are as follows:
You should address your queries in the Application in simple language, you can write the application in English or Hindi Language. It is important to note that “Wh” questions are not entertained in RTI. For eg, you wish to know the Status of your Water Connection Application from Dehradun Municipal Corporation, you can frame the question as “Please provide information pertaining to the Status of the Water Connection” or “Please provide Reasons as per Record for Delay in issuing the Connection” instead of asking “Why is the Water connection not issued”. Also you cannot ask Situation Based questions / clarifications involving “If” in the application.
Under the RTI Act, 2005 every department should appoint a Public Information Officer (PIO) who is responsible to receive and reply to RTI applications filed to that department. Hence, all the RTI applications should be addressed to the Public Information Officer of that Department.
According to the RTI Act, the response to the RTI application in Uttarakhand, or any other state should be provided by the PIO within 30 days from the receipt of the same. This includes applications made online or offline. If the information requested in the RTI relates to another department, then the PIO is mandated to transfer the same within 5 days from the receipt of the RTI to that department who has the information. A First Appeal can be filed to the First Appellate Authority (FAA) if there is no response from the government office after completion of 30 days or if the Applicant is not satisfied with the response of RTI Application.
In case you are not satisfied with the outcome of the First Appeal, or there has been no order passed by FAA, A Second Appeal can be filed to Uttarakhand Information Commission.
Govt. of Uttarakhand have prescribed the Uttarakhand Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2006. The application fee is Rs.10/- Court Fee/Demand Draft/Banker's Cheque/Pay Order to the State Public Information Officer/State Assistant Public Information Officer.
Once the application is drafted as per the Steps mentioned above, you should send your application via speed post or registered post to the concerned Department.
To file an RTI Application on OnlineRTI, follow the steps below:
To know more about the procedure to file RTI on OnlineRTI, please visitOnlineRTI.com
How to file RTI to get Answer Sheet ?
How to file RTI to get Marksheets Verified ?
1. How to file RTI for Andhra Pradesh ?
2. How to file RTI for Bihar ?
3. How to file RTI for Central Govt ?
4. How to file RTI for Delhi ?
5. How to file RTI for Goa ?
6. How to file RTI for Haryana ?
7. How to file RTI for Karnataka ?
8. How to file RTI for Madhya Pradesh ?
9. How to file RTI for Maharashtra ?
10. How to file RTI for Odisha ?
11. How to file RTI for Punjab ?
12. How to file RTI for Rajasthan ?
13. How to file RTI for TamilNadu ?
14. How to file RTI for Uttar Pradesh ?
15. How to file RTI for West Bengal ?
16. How to file RTI for Meghalaya?
17. How to file RTI for Assam ?
18. How to file RTI for Kerala ?
19. How to file RTI for Telangana ?
20. How to file RTI for Uttarakhand ?
21. How to file RTI for Sikkim ?
22. How to file RTI for Jharkhand ?
23. How to file RTI for Chhattisgarh ?