How to file RTI to Departments in Sikkim?
The Right to Information Act, 2005 is applicable to all States of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir. However, each State differs in terms of implementation of the Act and each state has different guidelines when it comes to filing RTI application. In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 27 of the Right to Information Act, 2005 (22 of 2005), the State Government hereby makes the following rules namely Sikkim State Right to Information Regulation of Fee, Cost and Miscellaneous) Rules, 2005. To enlighten yourself with the rules implemented by Sikkim Government, you can readSikkim Right to Information Rules’2005.
If you wish to exercise your right to information, follow the steps mentioned below in order to successfully file an RTI application in Sikkim.
- Identify the Department to which you wish to file the RTI Application:
- Animal Husbandry And Veterinary Service
- Building And Housing Department
- Commercial Taxes Division,FRED
- Cooperation Dept
- Central Information Commission
- Cultural Affairs And Heritage
- Commerce And Industries Department
- Department Of Sports And Youth affairs
- Directorate of Technical Education HRDD
- Ecclesiastical Affairs Department
- Energy And Power Department
- Excise Dept
- Election Department
- Food Security And Agriculture Development
- Forest Environment And Wildlife Dept
- Finance, Revenue & Expenditure Deptt.
- Health Department
- Human Resource Development Dept
- Information And Public Relations
- Irrigation And Flood Control Dept
- Land Revenue & Disaster Management
- Mines and Geology Department
- Roads And Bridges Dept
- Raj Bhavan
- Rural Management and Development Department
- Science & Technology Department
- Sikkim Public Service Commission
- State Election Commission, Sikkim
- Sikkim Vigilance Police
- Sikkim Police Dept
- Sikkim Archives, DIT
- Sikkim Information Commission
- Social Justice Empowerment And Welfare
- Tourism Dept
- Urban Dev & Housing Dept
- Water Security & PHE Department
- Write your queries in the Application:
- Whom should the RTI Application be addressed to?
- When will the response be provided to your RTI Application?
- Pay the Prescribed fee as per Sikkim RTI Rules:
- RTI Application shall include the following:
- Submit the Application:
The first step to file an RTI Application is to identify the Department / Public Authority. Section 2 (h) of the RTI Act lays down the definition of Public Authorities that come under the ambit of the Act. For eg, all civic issues like water problem, garbage, street lights, building permission in cities are under respective Corporation. In case the matters pertain to Gangtok Municipal Corporation which is a Public Authority, you should address the same to the Corporation.
Departments under Sikkim Government
All Sikkim State Government Departments and local governing bodies in Sikkim like Municipal Corporations (Gangtok Municipal Corporation) Eastern Institute for Integrated Learning in Management University, Vinayaka Mission's Sikkim University, Sikkim Manipal University, Sikkim Tourism Development Corporation, Sikkim State Pollution Control Board, Directorate of Technical Education,Sikkim, Sikkim University etc.
List of Sikkim State Government Departments are as follows:
You should address your queries in the Application in simple language, you can write the application in English Language. It is important to note that “Wh” questions are not entertained in RTI. For eg, you wish to know the Status of your Water Connection Application from Gangtok Municipal Corporation, you can frame the question as “Please provide information pertaining to the Status of the Water Connection” or “Please provide Reasons as per Record for Delay in issuing the Connection” instead of asking “Why is the Water connection not issued”. Also you cannot ask Situation Based questions / clarifications involving “If” in the application.
Under the RTI Act, 2005 every department should appoint a Public Information Officer (PIO) who is responsible to receive and reply to RTI applications filed to that department. Hence, all the RTI applications should be addressed to the Public Information Officer of that Department.
According to the RTI Act, the response to the RTI application in Sikkim, or any other state should be provided by the PIO within 30 days from the receipt of the same. This includes applications made online or offline. If the information requested in the RTI relates to another department, then the PIO is mandated to transfer the same within 5 days from the receipt of the RTI to that department who has the information. A First Appeal can be filed to the First Appellate Authority (FAA) if there is no response from the government office after completion of 30 days or if the Applicant is not satisfied with the response of RTI Application.
In case you are not satisfied with the outcome of the First Appeal, or there has been no order passed by FAA, A Second Appeal can be filed to Sikkim Information Commission.
A request for obtaining information under Sub-Section (1) of Section 6 shall be made to the concerned State Public Information Officer in an application preferably in the form as given in Annexure ― A accompanied by an application fee of Rs.100/- by way of bank receipt to be deposited under Major Head 0070.OAS (E) RTI Fee payable to the public authority. Where an electronic application is made, the applicant shall send a money order/cheque/demand draft to the PIO for the application fee or send a copy of a payment receipt either by post, fax, PDF or in person.
(i) Name, father’s name, permanent address of the applicant;
(ii) Documentary proof of being a citizen of India. (Explanation: Certified copy of Sikkim Subject Certificate, a certified copy of Certificate of Identification, Attested copy of Passport, a certified copy of the Electoral Roll will suffice for this purpose.)
(iii) An address to which notices and information can be sent;
(iv) The date the application is submitted;
(v) Subject matter of the information requested, including if relevant the period and/or geographic area to which the information relates;
(vi) Form of access preferred (optional).
Once the application is drafted as per the Steps mentioned above, you should send your application via speed post or registered post to the concerned Department.
To file an RTI Application on OnlineRTI, follow the steps below:
page and write your question in simple English.
To know more about the procedure to file RTI on OnlineRTI, please visitOnlineRTI.com
How to file RTI to get Answer Sheet ?
How to file RTI to get Marksheets Verified ?
1. How to file RTI for Andhra Pradesh ?
2. How to file RTI for Bihar ?
3. How to file RTI for Central Govt ?
4. How to file RTI for Delhi ?
5. How to file RTI for Goa ?
6. How to file RTI for Haryana ?
7. How to file RTI for Karnataka ?
8. How to file RTI for Madhya Pradesh ?
9. How to file RTI for Maharashtra ?
10. How to file RTI for Odisha ?
11. How to file RTI for Punjab ?
12. How to file RTI for Rajasthan ?
13. How to file RTI for TamilNadu ?
14. How to file RTI for Uttar Pradesh ?
15. How to file RTI for West Bengal ?
16. How to file RTI for Meghalaya?
17. How to file RTI for Assam ?
18. How to file RTI for Kerala ?
19. How to file RTI for Telangana ?
20. How to file RTI for Uttarakhand ?
21. How to file RTI for Sikkim ?
22. How to file RTI for Jharkhand ?
23. How to file RTI for Chhattisgarh ?